Friday, June 29, 2007

Article 5: Ensuring Student Privacy on the Internet

This article makes me think about how secure are our students information in our school. Our techician takes care of our computers. When I have computer problems, he usually takes care of it somewhere else. I just hope that our technicians are the only ones who have access to our computers. I am sure there are more people checking our acttivities in the computer.

Some of the teachers use the e-mail to contact parents about their children's progress and behaviors. I usually phone parents or send notes home. This year I thought I would try to use e-mails, but now I don't feel comfortable after reading the article.

Our school uses a special software for students' personal information.
We change our passwords quite often. Now I know why. It 's to protect
our students and parents.

I am more aware about the safety use of the internet and to have permission from the parents before I let my students post their names or their work in the computer.

No comments: